Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Officers!
President - Ella Pena
Vice President - Macie Fallon
Secretary - Anthony Flores
Treasurer - John Martin
Historian - Belle Burch
2019-2020 Sponsors: Danielle Berlin and Stacie Wright
About Early Act First Knight (EAFK)
What Is Early Act First Knight?
- Early Act First Knight (EAFK) is a school-wide service club for Kendall Elementary students in grades 2nd-5th. It is sponsored by the Boerne Rotary Club and partners with the Knights of the Guild. EAFK carries out at least two service projects annually - one for our local community, and one that furthers international understanding (global). It is run entirely by the students who elect officers to facilitate service projects for the betterment of our community and world.
- During the 2018-2019 school year EAFK facilitated the:
- Collection of 564 jars of peanut butter to benefit Blessings in a Backpack. This organization helps provide food to underprivileged kids in the community over the weekend when they are not receiving school meals.
- Collection of toys for the toy drive to benefit Hill Country Daily Bread. These toys were then donated to underprivileged kids in the community who may not have otherwise received gifts over the holidays.
- Collection of $937.25 to benefit Heifer International. This money bought livestock to help an international family create a sustainable way of life.
- Partnership of Kendall Elementary with the Champion High School Leadership Council for a campus cleanup effort at Kendall Elementary. CHS athletic students and coaches worked with Kendall students and their families on general landscaping maintenance, repainting tables/benches, painting 4 squares on playgrounds, and sorting/folding lost and found items.
- Collection of specified foods to benefit the Boerne Community Coalition's (BCC) "Love Boerne Kids" food drive. This food went to kids in our community who are in need of food over the summer.
- Families receive information regarding membership into the EAFK Service Club at the begining of the school year. An EAFK member should show a heart for service, listen to and work well with others, and represent Kendall Elementaty with honor and respect. EAFK members attend monthy general meetings.
- EAFK officers are elected in May for the following school year. They do such things as lead monthly EAFK general meetings, attend bi-monthly officer meetings, lead/participate in the KES Veteran's Day ceremony, participate in community events such as ribbon cutting ceremonies, lead the pledges at a school board meeting, lead a Rotary luncheon, and help to promote and implemet various service projects throuout the school year. Last year, our president got to meet the Mayor!
- The Boerne Rotary Club also sponsors our Knigting ceremonies. A student who has shown good character in the core virtue being studied in the classroom will be chosen by their homeroom teacher to be recognized. Families of the student are then invited to a knighting ceremony to witness their student become knighted by a Knight of the Guild.
- Members of the Court (MOC) is another character incentive program in which students are chosen by their homeroom teachers for their demonstration of a certain core virtue. MOC is held during the students' lunch period. These students enjoy lunch on the stage with the Assistant Principal and other students who were chosen from their respective homerooms. The student will receive an invitation to notify the parents that they were chosen, but lunch is for the students and Assistant Principal only.